GHANA ECONOMIC MANAGEMENT STRENGTHENING
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROJECT (GEMS-TA PROJECT)
CREDIT NO: 5896GH
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF PIM REGULATIONS,
OPERATIONS MANUAL, ASSOCIATED GUIDELINES AND TEMPLATES
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
PACKAGE NUMBER: GH-MOF-GEMS-46977-CS-INDV
The Government of the Republic of Ghana has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Ghana Economic Management Strengthening Technical Assistance Project (GEMS-TA Project), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consulting Services for the Development of PIM Regulations, Operations Manual, Associated Guidelines and Templates
The Government of Ghana (GoG) seeks to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of public infrastructure through the implementation of far-reaching reforms including the Public Investment Management (PIM) Policy, adopted in 2015
To enhance the operationalization of the PIM Policy, the Government has commissioned a comprehensive PIM capacity assessment that is expected to inform the development of a PIM Reform Strategy and Action Plan by the end of 2018 to guide capacity building actions. Also, there is need for the development of PIM Regulations, Operations Manual, associated guidelines and templates, to facilitate compliance of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs), as well as Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) with the PIM policy.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main objective of this assignment is to support the Ministry of Finance and MDAs to develop relevant PIM operations manuals, guidelines, templates and regulations that will guide the appraisal and selection process of infrastructure/investment projects for financing.
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main assignment will cover the development of the PIM regulations, operations manual, associated guidelines and templates.
EXPECTED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The consultant should be a Public Investment Management Expert with in-depth experience in preparing manuals and guidelines in the area of PIM.
Specifically, the successful consultant is expected to have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in any of the following: Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, Financial Management, Public Policy, International Development or any other relevant field. An interdisciplinary background will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in advisory services in fields related to public investment, public finance and project management at a senior level.
- Must have been involved in at least two assignments on the development of Public Investment Management Regulations, Operations Manual, Guidelines and Templates.
- Extensive knowledge of Public Investment Management processes including planning, project preparation and appraisal, project selection and budgeting, project execution as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government / public sector decision-makers and development partners.
- Knowledge of international practices in Public Investment Management processes and systems.
- Experience in using database software would be desirable.
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills.
- Experience working in Ghana in similar assignments will be an added advantage.
The assignment is expected to be completed within five calendar months from the contract signing date.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above mentioned services. Interested Individual Consultants must provide information (Detailed Curricula Vitae and a Cover Letter, indicating that they are qualified to perform the services for the specific position described above. An Individual Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (“Consultant Guidelines”) [January 2011 Version revised in 2014].
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (“Consultant Guidelines”) [January 2011 Version revised in 2014], setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Interested Individual Consultants may obtain detailed Terms of Reference from this link http://www.mofep.gov.gh/adverts/2018-04-05/gems-ta-project-5896-gh and for further clarifications, please contact us, via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com from 9.00AM to 4.00PM, Monday through Friday (except on public holidays).
Expressions of interest shall be in English and must be delivered in hard copies (one original and four copies) and clearly marked “GEMS-TA PROJECT: DEVELOPMENT OF PIM REGULATIONS, OPERATIONS MANUAL, ASSOCIATED GUIDELINES AND TEMPLATES to the address below in person by 3.00pm, 19th April, 2017. The Ministry will consider proposals not submitted in Room 340 as non-responsive. The address is:
The Project Coordinator
Ghana Economic Management Strengthening
Technical Assistance Project (GEMS-TA PROJECT)
Ministry of Finance
Box MB 40, Accra, Ghana
Attn: Procurement Unit
Room 340, Main Block
Tel: 0302-747-197 / Ext. 1540