You are here
Project and Financial Analysis Unit
The Project and Financial Analysis (PFA) Unit is a specialised unit within the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MOFEP), established as a project evaluation unit to assess and monitor major investment projects. Its establishment reflects a new approach to undertaking major investment projects which is designed to leverage government resources significantly by structuring projects using Public-Private Partnership (PPP) and Private Finance Initiative (PFI) procurement methods.
The unit among other things provides technical assistance for selection of PPP/PFI projects through competitive bidding process and manage PPPs/PFIs such that it provides maximum value for money for the Government. We also handle a range of project and financial analysis assignments, and function as a neutral party in evaluation and analysis of project submissions from Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs). The PFA unit also plays a pivotal role in facilitating the evaluation and implementation of projects to achieve the Ministry’s strategic policy objectives.
Examples of PFA assignments include:
- Evaluation of selected large capital expenditure projects submitted by MDAs for capital funding. This includes developing, evaluating and analyzing project budgets and developing independent cost estimates.
- Assisting MDAs to set up Public Private Partnerships/Private Finance Initiatives
- Providing corporate finance advice in government transactions with private sector corporate entities. This includes the review of valuations and due diligence reports in connection with divestitures
- Joint venture planning, development and analysis
- Analyzing financial performance of government investments in joint ventures.
- Provide analytical support for the Capital Markets Committee and the proposed Ghana Investment Corporation
- Monitoring the implementation of large projects
- Special projects that might be of interest to the Ministry
VISION OF PFA UNIT
Our vision is to become the front-runner in driving and coordinating the PPP/PFI process within Government by providing technical advice and policy guidance to support the PPP/PFI process, develop the legislative framework, and to disseminate best practice in PPPs/PFIs.
All rights reserved | Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Ministry of Finance - Ghana
28th February Road, P. O. Box M40, Accra - Ghana. Tel: +233 302 665 132